Pushing Back Against Drug Possession Charges
Any drug charge is a serious matter that can significantly impact your rights and your future. If you have been arrested on drug possession charges, it is critical that you have an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side who is committed to the protection of your rights.
For the strong defense you require, contact the law office of John M. Petruzzi. We defend clients against all drug possession charges, including:
- Marijuana possession
- Cocaine possession
- Illegal possession of oxycodone and other prescription medications
- Possession of narcotics and other controlled substances
We defend adults and juveniles. To schedule a free consultation, contact our law office in Houston, Texas.
Put A Former Prosecutor On Your Side
Attorney John M. Petruzzi has more than 30 years of criminal law experience. Mr. Petruzzi is a board-certified criminal law specialist, as certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is also a former chief prosecutor in Texas felony court and a former Assistant District Attorney in Harris County.
Mr. Petruzzi’s knowledge of local courts and procedures is a decided advantage. There are a number of ways that he may be able to make a significant difference in the outcome of your case:
- He can file a motion to suppress evidence that has been obtained in violation of your constitutional rights, including evidence obtained as a result of an unreasonable search and seizure. If evidence is suppressed, your charges could be dismissed or you may be in a better position to fight your charges at trial or obtain a more favorable plea bargain.
- He can negotiate with the prosecution on your behalf to seek a favorable plea agreement, which may enable you to avoid a criminal conviction, accept a plea to a lesser offense or significantly minimize the penalties arising from your charges. As a former prosecutor, Mr. Petruzzi knows how prosecutors tend to view cases, better enabling him to know how to effectively communicate with prosecutors.
- He can fight your charges at trial. Mr. Petruzzi has acted as lead attorney in more than 150 criminal jury trials.
You have a right to a vigorous defense. We are committed to protecting your freedom, record and rights. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Contact A Strong Defense Attorney
We serve clients in Houston and the surrounding areas. To schedule a free consultation with Houston drug possession defense attorney John M. Petruzzi, call 713-581-1789 or contact us toll free at 888-386-4503. You may also contact us by email.