Houston Fraud Defense Attorney
Are you being investigated or have you been charged for a crime involving fraud?
Financial crimes are often investigated several years before charges are brought. That is one reason why it makes sense to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as you know you are the subject of an investigation.
John M. Petruzzi has the skills and experience to clearly analyze the charges against you and develop a strong defense. He may also enlist the help of forensic accountants, experts and analysts to prepare the best defense.
If you are under investigation or have been charged with financial crimes, contact a Houston fraud defense attorney today.
A Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer Who Can Help
John M. Petruzzi served as a chief prosecutor supervising other prosecutors in Texas felony court. He is also a former Harris County Assistant District Attorney. He approaches each individual case with an insider’s knowledge, always seeking the best resolution.
He will stand by your side and guide you through the legal process. This means listening to your concerns and tirelessly pursuing a fair outcome.
What Type Of Financial Crime Investigation Or Charge Are You Facing?
There are many different types of white collar charges that authorities can pursue.
- Mail or wire fraud: When fraud is alleged, such charges often take the form of mail fraud or wire fraud charges. Mail fraud and wire fraud are broad charges that can apply to many different types of conduct. Mr. Petruzzi can help you defend yourself against them in the context of your specific case.
- Credit card fraud: Credit card fraud is often linked to identity theft. Our firm has the experience to resolve these cases in ways that minimize consequences to our clients.
- Investment fraud or securities fraud: Just because an investment doesn’t work out doesn’t mean there was criminally culpable conduct by those who promoted it. But there still may be allegations of investment fraud, stockbroker fraud or securities fraud. John M. Petruzzi knows how to protect your rights and interests if you are charged or investigated.
- Embezzlement: Embezzlement is in many ways a peculiar charge because it is a charge made against someone who was in a position of legitimate authority to handle money. John M. Petruzzi has the experience and dedication to defend such charges vigorously.
- Mortgage fraud: Examples of mortgage fraud include making false statements in loan applications and flipping houses through the use of straw buyers. If you face such charges, you can find a strong advocate in Mr. Petruzzi.
Convictions for financial crimes carry serious consequences. It isn’t only the fact that fines and possible prison time may be on the table. There is also the fact that your reputation and your career are on the line.
Prosecutors are being much more aggressive in holding people accountable for risky financial behavior following the financial crisis of a few years ago. Do not let yourself be made an example of.
Call A Texas Board-Certified Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Contact an experienced defense lawyer at the Houston law office of John M. Petruzzi, Attorney at Law. Mr. Petruzzi is certified in criminal law cases by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.